This book kicks off Pumpkin Week in our class.
I ask a parent to donate a real pumpkin to our class. I read the story to the kiddos, making sure to hit all of those comprehension strategies we’ve been working on. Then, we use activities from my Pumpkin Week resource.
I’ve got a great tip to count seeds and save you time! In the past, we use to count every.single.seed. Now, we just count out a group of ten and place them on chart or butcher paper. Circle the group! For the next group, estimate how many 10 is. See how very Common Core that is, we’re just packing in all those standards. At the end, we count by 10 until we’ve counted all of those little seeds!
Get your time back!
Are you tired, stressed, and overwhelmed?
Learn how to:
- Lesson plan efficiently
- Organize student work
- Spend less time on grading
- Send home assessments and student work weekly
- Set up systems for paperwork, meetings, and parent communication
- Create systems for teacher and student materials and supplies
- Implement routines and transitions
- Set up student work areas for guided reading, literacy and math centers, and the classroom library
- Enlist student and parent help