|This was an adorable door that was decorated at my school last year|
Making Oobleck is something new for me as of last year. We had a school-wide door decorating contest and our class was assigned to read Bartholomew and the Oobleck. What a better way to incorporate science by making oobleck. Perfect for your first grade teachers studying matter. The best and least messy (The Borax way was too messy) way I’ve found to make oobleck is like this:
At our school, we decorate our class doors and have a fun spirit week. We even hide 20 loraxes in our school garden and go look for them. Each class has a map and an assigned time to find all of them. They love it!
See more Read Across America ideas with a directed drawing freebie here.
Get your time back!
Are you tired, stressed, and overwhelmed?
Learn how to:
- Lesson plan efficiently
- Organize student work
- Spend less time on grading
- Send home assessments and student work weekly
- Set up systems for paperwork, meetings, and parent communication
- Create systems for teacher and student materials and supplies
- Implement routines and transitions
- Set up student work areas for guided reading, literacy and math centers, and the classroom library
- Enlist student and parent help