Students say funny things every day in my classroom. But you know what, I find myself saying a lot of funny things in response to the odd and gross things my kids do all the time! Throughout the day, I often wonder if there are other professions that say some of the ridiculous things I find myself saying to my students. But really, I can’t imagine my husband having to tell a colleague to chewing his shirt because he’s not a goat. I have said this on a weekly basis this year…promise!
I asked the teachers in my Facebook Group about some of the crazy things they’ve said over the years. I was in tears laughing as they shared their funny conversations.
Funny Things Teachers Say
- “We do not store our boogers in our desk. Go get a tissue. ” Easy Teaching Tools 2nd grade
- “Please stop licking my toes.” Chantel 1st grade
- “Take the eraser out of your pants.” Keely 1st grade
- “Please stop eating my pencils. They don’t taste good.” Emilee 1st grade
- “If you need help with that center, chasing her with a booger on your finger is not the way to get it.” Kara 1st grade
- “Take the lip gloss out of your nose.” Alexandra 3rd grade
- “I’m gonna have to call someone to come give you a bath!! We don’t rub green, glitter lipgloss all over our arms!!!” Andrea 2nd Grade
- “Oh no honey we don’t pee in the grass!” Veronica 1st grade
- When a kinder friend hugged me: “Why is your shirt wet?” Kinder friend: “I peed!” Allison Kinder
- “We don’t lick glue sticks!” – Whitney grade 2
- “No you may not take off your pants in the middle of class…or actually at school at all” -Erin 4th grade
- “We don’t lick our chairs!” -Terra 1st grade