Do something relaxing
Do what you love
No Professional Development Here
All of these ideas apply to summer as well. Don’t let social media and what everyone else is doing teaching-related during the summer make you feel bad. Let’s all stop putting pressure on each other and just relax.When you make time for you, you’ll be a better teacher, parent, partner, and human being. It’s the honest-truth.
Thank you to The Rancho Bernardo Inn for another wonderful stay. They’re my go-to resort when I need some time away. In fact, for the last two school years, I book a weekend the week after school starts to decompress from that first week.
Get your time back!
Are you tired, stressed, and overwhelmed?
Learn how to:
- Lesson plan efficiently
- Organize student work
- Spend less time on grading
- Send home assessments and student work weekly
- Set up systems for paperwork, meetings, and parent communication
- Create systems for teacher and student materials and supplies
- Implement routines and transitions
- Set up student work areas for guided reading, literacy and math centers, and the classroom library
- Enlist student and parent help