Students say funny things every day in my classroom. But you know what, I find myself saying a lot of funny things in response to the odd and gross things my kids do all the time! Throughout the day, I often wonder if there are other professions that say some of the ridiculous things I find myself saying to my students. But really, I can't imagine my husband having to tell a colleague to chewing his shirt because he's not a goat. I have said this on a weekly basis this year…promise!
I asked the teachers in my Facebook Group about some of the crazy things they've said over the years. I was in tears laughing as they shared their funny conversations.
Funny Things Teachers Say
- “We do not store our boogers in our desk. Go get a tissue. ” Easy Teaching Tools 2nd grade
- “Please stop licking my toes.” Chantel 1st grade
- “Take the eraser out of your pants.” Keely 1st grade
- “Please stop eating my pencils. They don't taste good.” Emilee 1st grade
- “If you need help with that center, chasing her with a booger on your finger is not the way to get it.” Kara 1st grade
- “Take the lip gloss out of your nose.” Alexandra 3rd grade
- “I'm gonna have to call someone to come give you a bath!! We don't rub green, glitter lipgloss all over our arms!!!” Andrea 2nd Grade
- “Oh no honey we don't pee in the grass!” Veronica 1st grade
- When a kinder friend hugged me: “Why is your shirt wet?” Kinder friend: “I peed!” Allison Kinder
- “We don't lick glue sticks!” – Whitney grade 2
- “No you may not take off your pants in the middle of class…or actually at school at all” -Erin 4th grade
- “We don't lick our chairs!” -Terra 1st grade
(Visited 7,107 times, 1 visits today)
We had to tell a child to take the underwear off of his head as it wasn’t a hat. He found the extra set of clothes in his book bag. The kids laughed and we lost. Lol.
T. Bates says
During a tornado lockdown yesterday, my class was in their safe space, which is a large teachers’ bathroom. All 10 of us were sitting with our backs against the wall using iPads and one of my boys, without anybody noticing, stood up and peed in the teachers toilet in front of everybody! I said, “What are you doing peeing in the toilet? You don’t Pee in front of other people. These girls or not your sisters or your mom! My straight laced gifted boy thought nothing of it and just zipped his shorts and went back to his iPad. We all laughed and no one seemed to care!
That is hilarious!